Join our capable and experienced teamContact us
Build a career with one of the most trusted names in UK aviation
BIH regularly recruits for pilots, engineers, administration and aviation sales personnel to add to its talented 150-strong air and ground teams. Our current vacancies are listed below. Should you be interested in applying for a role, please forward your CV to the details provided and we will be in touch.
LICENSED AIRCRAFT ENGINEERS B1.3/B2- S61 HELICOPTER
LOCATION – FALKLAND ISLANDS
British International Helicopters is currently looking to recruit an experienced aircraft B1.3 or B2 licensed engineer type rated on the S61 helicopters. This is an exciting opportunity to join our existing team of professionals based in the Falkland Islands.
The successful engineers will be motivated professionals with high individual standards.
Duties will be to perform a wide range of aircraft maintenance tasks with priority being given to avionic/mechanical tasks dependent on the engineer’s licence, however the engineers must be willing to undertake other duties as required when workload dictates.
Tasking will include scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, defect diagnosis and rectification, embodiment of modifications, service bulletins and other mandatory or non-mandatory maintenance.
The successful applicants will be able to demonstrate competence in fault finding, scheduled maintenance and installation of modifications, including the use of hand tools and specialised test equipment.
Reporting to the Chief Engineer, the ability to work with minimal supervision and to take responsibility for your own work is essential. You should be capable of organising your own workload within those limits set by the Chief Engineer.
You must also be an effective team player, capable of working as part of a small dedicated team of engineers and have the ability to interact well with your colleagues and the wider business.
- EASA B1.3 or B2 licence, type rated S61.
- Consideration will also be given to engineers who hold a type licence in the category complex/multi engine.
- Full UK driving license.
At least two years Line or Base maintenance on S61.
This role is based in the Falkland Islands, the successful candidate will need to comply with Falkland Islands Immigration policy and obtain a relevant work permit if not a Falkland Islands resident.
To apply for this role please send a covering letter and CV to Traceyp@rigbygroupplc.com
LOCATION – PLYMOUTH
British International Helicopters is currently looking to recruit a Materials Controller. This is an exciting opportunity to join our existing team of professionals based in Plymouth.
The successful candidate will be a motivated professional with high individual standards. Reporting to the Engineering Director, the successful candidate must: be punctual, conscientious, Have the capability to organise their workload and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
He/she must also be an effective team player, capable of working as part of a small dedicated team and have the ability to interact well with their colleagues and the wider business as well as be willing to travel for inter site visits / attendance of training courses.
Supporting the Engineering and Operations Department which will include:
Sourcing and locating spares and consumables for B.I. fleet.
Ensuring correct certification is requested for all parts/spares.
Liaising with Vendors for best price and provision of stock.
Raising orders against requisitions.
Communication with Engineering regarding aircraft requirements.
Oversee the inter-base transfer of spares/parts, maximising effectiveness of stock holding.
Update Aerotrac database with new/alternative part numbers.
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous logistics experience.
- Procurement experience essential.
- Aviation background an advantage.
- Knowledge of EASA certification for parts.
- Knowledge of Micro Soft Office applications
- Knowledge of import/export controls, dangerous goods by air and COSHH.
- Full driving licence.
To apply for this position, please email your covering letter and CV to Traceyp@rigbygroupplc.com
PART-TIME MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT
LOCATION – COVENTRY AIRPORT
British International Helicopters has an immediate and exciting opportunity for a Part-Time Management Accountant, who will be responsible for ……
- Preparing the month end accounts, assisting with and liaising with the purchase ledger and sales ledger teams
- General Ledger account reconciliations to ensure timely closing
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly management accounts and ensure adequate review and investigate significant cost movements
- Preparing monthly balance sheet reconciliations, including bank reconciliations
- Prepare various P&L cost analysis
- Providing an additional point of contact for external auditors and provide information as requested
- Other adhoc duties
The successful Management Accountant will be:
- AAT qualified or currently training towards their CIMA, or QBE
- Proven accounting experience with strong ledger experience and exposure to month end accounting
- Has a strong analytical mind to be able to see underlying trends and question the figures given
- Confident with using Excel on a daily basis
- Have strong communication skills with the ability to interact with staff at all levels
- Be comfortable prioritising own workload within a pressurised environment
Excellent excel skills, Knowledge of producing the management accounts from start to finish,
Proactive nature and the ability to adapt to new systems and procedures with ease
Knowledge or interest in the Aviation industry, Experience of job costing using packages such as AeroTrac, Experience of working closely with business units and other non-finance colleagues, Sage 200
A competitive remuneration package is available for the successful applicant. Role is for 3 days / 20 hours per week – hours to be agreed with the successful applicant.
To apply please email a covering letter and CV to email@example.com
LOCATION – PLYMOUTH
British International Helicopters has an immediate and exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Planner. Based in Plymouth, you will liaise with engineering and logistics to ensure that aircraft scheduled maintenance is called up at the appropriate time and is correctly resourced to support BIH’s operations at our UK bases and worldwide, including the Falkland Islands.
The successful candidate will have good written and verbal communication skills and be fully IT literate. You must be able to work with others and off your own initiative whilst under pressure, with the ability to reach tight deadlines to maintain the availability of our aircraft within an EASA regulated operation. Your organisational skills will be relied on for long term maintenance planning and new project management. Effective and positive interaction within a small team environment is essential.
The successful candidate will have the following knowledge:
- A proven maintenance planning record.
- Experience of PC based planning management applications (preferably aerospace related).
- Project management team experience.
- Understanding of the benefits of tailored, timely and accurate maintenance planning including OEM support.
- Management & Leadership position experience.
- Aerotrac aircraft fleet management IT systems.
- EASA Part 145 background.
- Air Safety Management Systems.
A competitive remuneration package is available for the successful applicant.
To apply please send your CV to Traceyp@rigbygroupplc.com
LOCATION – NEWQUAY
British International Helicopters Services Limited have an exciting opportunity for a Crew Member to join the existing team based at Newquay Airport. Our Crew members form an integral and important part of our helicopter crews with this role supporting one of our key clients.
Brief Summary of General Responsibilities:
- Maintain familiarity with relevant United Kingdom and International air legislation and agreed aviation practices and procedures together with provisions of the Company Operations Manual.
- Assist in the safe and efficient conduct of the flight.
- Assist the Aircraft Commander as requested, concerning Passenger handling and safety procedures and in the maintenance of a proper standard of crew discipline, conduct and personal appearance.
- Ensure that the passengers are informed of the location and use of the emergency exits.
- Maintain communications with the flight deck.
- Ensure the comfort and safety of all passengers whilst on board the aircraft.
- Assistance and control of passengers whilst on the aircraft, embarkation and disembarkation.
- Pre-flight check all cabin Air Safety equipment.
- Ensure hand baggage is correctly stowed and secured and all passengers are correctly seated.
- Ensure all necessary briefings are given and give the ‘Cabin Secure’ signal prior to take-off.
The role is subject to a security clearance process and a military winching background is essential.
Competitive salary and benefits package available.
To apply for this position please send a covering letter and CV to Traceyp@rigbygroupplc.com